Saturday, March 28, 2009

Leading By Example

I don't like "Leading by Example" the concept looks good on paper, but is not often put into practice. Has anyone noticed who always gets in trouble for breaking the rules? It's me. It could be anything, taking a long lunch, making personal calls or checking personal e-mail at work,.. you get the picture. I'm not trying to "get away" with anything, I just feel that I should be able to do what others, especially supervisors, have been allowed to do with impunity. "Rank Has Its Privileges", I am told. Yeah, the problem may be that I catch on too late, yep, it could be my timing. Perhaps I join in on the rule breaking at the saturation point, when curbs must be instituted to stop the epidemic. I can understand that. All I know is, every time someone needs to be "made an example of", it is usually me. Not every time, but of all my fellow rule breakers, I am leading. I am the one "Leading by Example", and I shouldn't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment